Saturday 11 May 2013

Abstract Painting Work Shop!

In a couple of weeks I'll be teaching(!) an abstract painting workshop at the fabulous Steel Rooms in Brigg.
It's more about collecting inspiration and motifs for future work and trying different media and techniques...more playing than anything else! (I think that's when you do your best work!)


To be really honest with you, I am equal parts excited to equal parts terrified, but I want to step out of my comfort zone a bit, when it comes to my painting.
You see it becomes such a private thing, just you and Kate Bush, (or Fleetwood Mac or whoever's CD is playing at the time,) that talking about what goes on in your head when you start a completely abstract painting is pretty...well, abstract really!


Above all, I hope that the day will be fun because it can get pretty hoity-toity when abstract art is on the agenda and that actually put me off for years.
So fingers crossed all will go well and everyone will leave with a smile (and some paint,) on their face!


Introduction To Abstraction Work Shop
25/5/13
10 am - 4 pm



6 comments:

  1. oh I wish I lived closer...it sounds fab! Good luck..it will be amazing I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be fantastic! Wish I could attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers chucks!
    Thanks for the encouraging words!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou very much, that really means a lot! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read, indeed. La Vie

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?