Wednesday 26 November 2014

It's A Hope And Elvis Day!


I'd been waiting a long time for this day!
Crackers had been made, cakes baked (thanks Mum) and fripperies stitched.

The Nannas had their best frocks on and were waiting patiently...
(Before we go any further I apologise in advance for the copious amounts of photos, I'd put kettle on if I were you!)
Thanks Louise of Hope and Elvis fame for inviting me to play!
And a big 'thank you' to my mate Sam for all your hard work and laughs!
Everyone worked so hard and it was amazing to see how different everyone's work was.

' Flaming Nora' travelled many-a-mile to join us, it was lovely to see you chuck!
The sausage rolls were the first to go!
It is so inspirational to work in the Hope and Elvis studio, surrounded by vintage treasures Nd the work of fabulous craftspeople and artists...

Magie cooked us the most delicious dinner.
Look at Donna's wonderful hare tattoo!
Nellie very nearly came home to me...
Favourite quote of the day by the fab Miss Debs:
"Look! I've done ART!"
And lots of beautiful mixed media artwork was produced on this most joyous of happy creative days...
(If I have missed out anyone's work I do apologise as I was a tad giddy!)
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone, I hope you enjoyed the day as I much as I did!

14 comments:

  1. Ah, what a lovely way to spend the day! Everyone seems very relaxed and engaged and inspired, and therefore produced wonderful work. And there's darling Debs, making art - she's a clever one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fab day! I'm still buzzing!
      Miss Debs is a natural artist and I really hope that she carries on painting x

      Delete
  2. Still dreaming about those sausage rolls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great day indeed! (Wend - Ticking stripes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wend, I really had the best time ever and it was lovely to meet you x

      Delete
  4. I wish we had workshops like this down south...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is o ly o e Hope and Elvis, tis worth a trip I promise you x

      Delete
  5. That is an amazing post Mrs B, I did lots of loud laughing. I found your corn plasters whilst tidying up! One day I will get to join in making art... I honestly have no idea where the time went. Thank you for being blooming brilliant. Let the prep commence for next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy losing me magic corn plasters! Ha!
      We should just play one day, it would be a laugh .
      Thanks for all your help, I am still buzzing from it all!
      Can't wait to see you next year, looking forward to February already! X

      Delete
  6. Those cakes and the mention of tea took me to the kitchen and I almost forgot to come back! But what a fun day - food, art, socializing, all wonderful. I especially love the letterbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it was already a week ago Val!
      It really was a day I will never forget x

      Delete
  7. oh it looks like a lovely day :) I really hope I can get to your one next year, would be great ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good fun Deborah, it would be fab to meet you chuck x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?