Sunday 19 June 2016

Great Aunt Kitty...


Not so long ago my Grandad sadly passed away at the grand old age of 96.
He lived the most remarkable life, and had many tall tales to tell, especially as he was one of twelve children, and he was the only boy.
This mixed media painting has the words
'Great Aunt Kitty Ran Away To The Circus'
written around the edge of the canvas.
She's a stilt walking rabbit trainer don't you know?!?
(I think my imagination ran away with me slightly here!)
I've painted this as part of my preparations for the Mrs B Adventures In Abstraction Weekender Workshop at the wonderful Hope and Elvis.
I can't believe the workshop on Sunday 4th December has already sold out!
Thank you for booking places, I'm very excited indeed!
There are some places left for Saturday 3rd December, I know it's a long ways away but I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Mrs B I am so sorry about your grandad, 96 doesnt seem so old these days either? well the closer i get to it!
    loving Kitty chuck...keep up the good work!
    best ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words my friend.
      I've tried to comment on your blog but it won't let me......it'll be me being daft I'm sure xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish I could go on one of your workshops. Love great Aunt Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine having 11 sisters?!

    And I'll take a bourbon please x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible isn't it.....but he was an incredible man.
      You can have a custard cream too chuck! X

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?