Tuesday 16 August 2016

That'll Come In Handy One Day...


I drew this when I was on my holiday, she just seemed to grow whenever I had a few minutes with my drawing pad.
Often these doodles stay in my sketchbook, just half finished ideas or little doodlings.
But this young lady had different ideas.
She had a gleam in her eye and demanded a little bit more attention.
So I added some stars.
She told me that she had to go to a masquerade ball, so I drew her a mask and painted her ball gown to her exact requirements.
And as she was the belle of the ball she had to be framed in something a little bit special.
Then when we came home I remembered that I had just the thing...
a frame I had bought from a charity shop about a year ago.
I think it's from the early 'fifties, but I thought that it was just the right shade of blue.
Madame Fancy Pants thinks so too!

10 comments:

  1. She looks perfect in that frame! I love the pink next to the black and the background. She's a beautiful lady😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was sheer luck that it fit the frame! X

      Delete
  2. Look at that expression! There was no way she as going to stay a doodle. She is fabulous and the frame is perfection. I d love it when these things come together!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, there is a sense of satisfaction when you actually find the perfect use for something you have stashed away for ages! X

      Delete
  3. That young lady was determined to be seen ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she wasn't going to give up easily!!! X

      Delete
  4. She's lovely! Isn't it fantastic when everything just comes together and flows into a perfect piece of art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased when she fitted perfectly into the frame! X

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?