Thursday 1 September 2016

New Threads

Last weekend I was lucky enough to visit the 'New Threads' exhibition by Nora Fok, one of the UK's most innovative jewellers at The Harley Gallery, which is part of the fabulous Welbeck Estate.
For this beautiful collection of work she has explored the use of nylon, flax and 3D printing.
Geodesic Home
2015

It was fascinating to see how this designer was influenced by science, mathematics, nature and technology.
'The processes that I use - weaving, knitting, crocheting and knotting - turn the linear nylon into simple and complex structures which are inspired by my fascination with the natural world and the mathematical models that underpin it.'
Nora Fok
New Threads
Nora Fok
The Harley Gallery
27/8/16 - 23/10/16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?